Expert fiber artist Wendy Bernard (Knit & Tonic) has been hard at work refining patterns since the release of her groundbreaking reference title Up, Down, All-Around Stitch Dictionary in 2014. Available this week, The Knitting All Around Stitch Dictionary presents 150 new patterns for knitting top down, bottom up, back and forth, and in the round.
Picking up where the first volume left off, Bernard adds hundreds of new stitch patterns organized similarly by type—knit and purl, textured stitches, ribs, lace, and cables—plus a chapter on mosaic knitting. Each chapter of The Knitting All Around Stitch Dictionary includes a customizable pattern so that knitters can easily swap out stitch patterns to make their own unique knitted items.
Kicking off tomorrow, please join us and our fabulous collaborators for a blog tour, complete with a chance to win a copy of the book, plus hanks from our friends over at Blue Sky Alpacas:
- April 28: Leethal - Fuji Rib
- May 2: Yarniacs - Honeycomb Smocking
- May 5: Mason Dixon Knitting - Geometric Curlicues
- May 9: CraftSanity - Wavy Ribs
- May 11: WEBS - Fern Grotto Lace
- May 16: KnitCircus - Checkerboard
- May 18: AboutKnitting - book post + giveaway
- May 23: Craft Gossip - book post + giveaway
- May 28: Blue Sky Alpacas - Woven Taffy Toque
Can't wait to get started? Get a bonus sneak peek project from the book (the Top-Down Double Triangle Shawl) on the Abrams blog here.