Textile artist Anna Joyce believes that we should all live with color and pattern every day. Now, with the release of Stamp, Stencil, Paint, so can you!
In this beautiful and approachable new book, Anna Joyce shares her signature hand-printing techniques for adding color and pattern to ready-made surfaces like fabric, ceramics, paper, leather, furniture, walls, and more. Inspired by vintage fabric, folk art, shapes in nature, and exciting new color combinations, Anna’s distinctive projects showcase the beauty of the unexpected and the mark of the artist’s hand. Following beautiful step-by-step photography, you'll learn new, easy skills to stamp, stencil, and hand-paint wonderful projects for your homes, wardrobes, families, and friends.
Anna's joy for making things by hand is truly infectious, and if you're in Portland this weekend or New York the week after, you can see for yourself at one of her exciting tour stops:
Portland, Oregon Events
- September 12th, 1-4pm West Elm, Portland - book signing and trunk show.
- September 13th, 2-4pm, Collage on SE Division - official book release party for Stamp Stencil Paint! book signing and hand stamping DIY project.
- October 2nd, 8-5pm, WeMake PDX Maker Market at The Armory - Book signing and trunk show.
- October 3rd, 4pm, Powell's Books - book signing and hand printing demonstration
New York City Book Tour
- September 17th, 6-8pm, Etsy HQ, Brooklyn - free a hand painted tea towel workshop and trunk show! Sign up here
- September 18th, 7:30-9:30pm Textile Arts Center, Manhattan- book signing and workshop Click here to reserve your spot!
- September 19th, 3-5pm, powerHouse Arena , Brooklyn - book signing and hand stamped tote bag make and take
- September 20th, 12-2pm, Brooklyn Book Festival - book signing and hand stamped notebook DIY at the Abrams booth
- September 21st, 7-9pm, Makeshift Society Brooklyn - Book signing and workshop! Sign up here
Can't make it to one of the events above (or can't get enough of Anna)? You can still get involved and learn from her with this fabulous giveaway from our friends over at Creativebug, going on now! .